Cell Phone Addiction: 15 Numbers That Show The Ridiculous Obsession Americans Have With Their Phones
By Michael Snyder, on May 8th, 2016
1. The average smartphone user checks his or her phone 35 times a day.
2. Common Sense media just released a new survey that found that 50 percent of American teens admit that they “feel addicted” to their smartphones.
3. Close to 70 percent of parents and teens say that they have argued about smartphone usage.
4. 77 percent of parents say that “their teenagers were sometimes distracted by their phones or tablets during time spent together with family”.
5. Even though it is illegal in almost every state, 56 percent of parents confess that they check their mobile devices while driving.
6. 51 percent of teens admit that they have seen their parents check their smartphones while driving.
13. 44 percent of smartphone users admit that they would experience “a great deal of anxiety” if the phone went missing and they were unable to replace it for a week.
14. One survey discovered that the average cell phone user is on the device for 3 hours and 8 minutes a day.
15. A different survey found that the average cell phone user actually spends 3.6 hours a day using it.