TOP 10 reasons you need a Big Berkey water filtration system in your home and why you should never drink water from the tap
- Most U.S. tap water contains sodium fluoride that causes cancer, brittle bones and lowered IQ (not strong teeth that fight cavities, like dentists claim).
- You’re drinking a little bit of chlorine in every sip.
- Heavy metal toxins like lead, mercury and aluminum are often present — in fact, just last year, the EPA knew about the tap water in Flint, Michigan, being highly contaminated with lead, but still hid that fact from the public for months, all while children were being poisoned.
- You’re ingesting other people’s medications: “There’s no doubt about it, pharmaceuticals are being detected in the environment and there is genuine concern that these compounds, in the small concentrations that they’re at, could be causing impacts to human health or to aquatic organisms.” – Mary Buzby, Director of Environmental Technology for Merck.
- Artificial sweeteners, like sucralose, are not getting filtered out at the water plants.
- You could be drinking tiny pieces of toilet paper.
- You’re drinking a little dose of deadly insecticides and herbicides that adds up over time.
- There are virtually no minerals left in tap water — it’s been stripped of all nutritive qualities by the chemicals used to treat it.
- PFASs (Poly- and Perfluoroalkyl Substances) from industrial sites, military fire training areas, and wastewater treatment plants still contaminate tap water and are linked to developmental, immune, metabolic and endocrine health problems.
- It actually dehydrates the body instead of hydrating it. (The chemicals in tap water drain vitamins and minerals from the human body over the long term.)
Dr Strangelove1964 fluoride clips
Actors:Tracy Reed, Tracy Keenan Wynn, James Earl Jones, George C. Scott, Slim Pickens, Peter Sellers, Sterling Hayden, Peter Bull
- Greater exposures to flame retardants during pregnancy are associated with lower intelligence in children
- For every ten-fold increase in prenatal exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), there was a 3.7-point decline in IQ test scores in children
- 1 in 6 U.S. children now suffers from neurodevelopmental disorders, and research suggests PBDEs and other flame retardants are likely playing a role in the increasing rates of these disorders
From: Natural News
… In one study, 90 elderly participants with mild cognitive impairment drank either 990 milligrams (high), 520 mg (intermediate) or 45 mg (low) of a dairy-based cocoa flavanol drink for eight weeks on a daily basis. The diet was restricted to eliminate other sources of flavanols from foods and beverages other than the dairy-based cocoa drink.
Cognitive function was examined by neuro-psychological tests of executive function, working memory, short-term memory, long-term episodic memory, processing speed and global cognition.
Scores significantly improved in the ability to relate visual stimuli to motor responses, working memory, task-switching and verbal memory for those drinking the high and intermediate flavanol drinks.
Participants drinking daily higher levels of flavanol drinks had significantly higher overall cognitive scores than those participants drinking lower-levels.
Insulin resistance, blood pressure and oxidative stress also decreased in those drinking high and intermediate levels of flavanols daily. Changes in insulin resistance explained about 40 percent of the composite scores for improvements in cognitive functioning.
“This study provides encouraging evidence that consuming cocoa flavanols, as a part of a calorie-controlled and nutritionally-balanced diet, could improve cognitive function,” said Giovambattista Desideri, M.D., study lead author and director of Geriatric Division, Department of Life, Health and Environmental Sciences, University of L’Aquila in Italy. “The positive effect on cognitive function may be mainly mediated by an improvement in insulin sensitivity. It is yet unclear whether these benefits in cognition are a direct consequence of cocoa flavanols or a secondary effect of general improvements in cardiovascular function.”
Strawberries contain the most pesticides of any fruit or vegetable, new research reveals.
The summer-favorite fruit contains at least 20 synthetic chemicals, a report found.
Other chemically-ridden produce includes spinach, nectarines and apples, the research adds.
Yet, only one percent of non-organic avocados and sweetcorn are contaminated with pesticide residues, the study found.
Other ‘clean’ produce are pineapples, cabbages, onions, frozen peas, papayas, asparagus, mangoes, eggplants, honeydew melons, kiwis, cantaloupes, cauliflowers and grapefruits, the report adds.